Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Thursday 9 May 2013

Inspired by a Spoiled to bits West Highland Terrier



Happy Birthday Lulu - my daughter's adored Westie who is very lovable, playful  and loves people and other animals.
Her presence is delightful and her welcome is so joyous it is the best feeling in the world.  We love you Lulu Guinness, her full name after my daughter's large collection of Lulu Guinness handbags.

Westies are very loving and lovable, but won't stay still and cuddle up on your lap for too long.  They are terriers after all!!

I just had to make some little dogs :



Liberty print dog made for my Sister who loves Liberty of London. 

This little dog is inspired from Sally our wired haired fox terrier when I was child.
My Auntie Hannah bred wired haired fox terriers back then.
I then made an Airdale Terrier for my Mother-in-Law to remember Gussie
my Father-in-Law's Airdale from the 1970's.

Airdale Terrier

The pattern  for the above terriers is from the
Cath Kidston book Sew!   Thank you Cath.   
As you can see I'm mad about dogs - particularly terriers. 
The pattern for these two little beauties
 and the Christmas Westie below, came from Mandy Shaw from Dandelion Designs,
 a wonderfully talented lady I met at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.
I have a few of Mandy's gorgeous books and patterns.  Thank  you Mandy.






No comments:

Post a Comment