Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hexagons

Machine sewn hexagons went together very accurately and look very neat. I prefer the look of the whole hexagons over the strips of half hexagons.

Half hexagons sewn together.

Machine sewn hexagons, quick and matched better than by hand.
The top Hexies are halves and sewn in strips while the ones underneath
are whole and will be sewn together on the sewing machine.
I bought a lovely charm pack and two of the colours called to be separated from the pack and urged me to use them immediately.  They are a beautiful shade of green and mauve. I searched in my fabric collection to find similar shades and was lucky to have a few very nice fat quarters.  I have made English paper piecing hexagons before, this time I decided to try a quicker method.  I started cutting out the hexagon shapes and before long had a nice selection for two projects, maybe a cushion and a teacosy.


No comments:

Post a Comment