Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Tuesday 12 August 2014

August Alchemy

As the weather is beginning to change and with September just around the corner, it's important not to let lovely August slip by without enjoying it fully and making the most of the last days of the Summer, particularly if you've had your holidays. So today, I decided to play house with my gorgeous collection of Burleigh. I love nice china and Burleigh is one of my favourites.  It goes with everything and makes my heart sing when I see it displayed beautifully on my dresser.

To 
A Dresser filled with shining Delph
Beautiful Cosmos from the garden
It was a very changeable day, starting off with beautiful sunshine, followed by dark clouds and showers all afternoon.  Hence, my reason for changing around my kitchen dresser . I also cleaned out and re-arranged my cupboards.  Last Saturday morning my husband woke me with the customery cup of tea and said he had a surprise downstairs.  When I opened my cupboards I was thrilled to find that he had put up some space saving baskets on my kitchen unit doors. It reminded me of the elves and the shoemaker, as the night before my cupboards were without these little miracles, but magically in the morning, there they were neatly aligned and ready to accommodate whatever I wished to put on them. They are terrific and now all is in order again.  Like my Mother before me, I am a bit OCD about my cupboards.  I like everything in it's place.

Spices neatly stacked for convenience 
As my husband has taken to cooking in earnest and will cook maybe a couple of times a week, he can rummage in peace with these handy spice racks inside the doors of my cupboards.  They accommodate the extra spices and other sundry items needed for his recipes. He can now see at a glance what he needs and all is well again!!

Over the last few years my husband's  tastes have changed, he now likes a lot of spicy food.  I still prefer my mashed potatoe, garden vegetables with whatever meat or fish we are having, and of course lots of delicious Irish butter. However, I always appreciate being handed a delicious meal., whatever that happens to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment