Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Friday 27 December 2013

St Stephen's Day : Lá an Dreoilín

I'm a day late posting this : Lá an Dreoilín : ♫The Wren, the Wren, the king of all birds, St. Stephen's Day got caught in the furze♫. The Cork and Kerry tradition of the Wren Boys out and about yesterday, the 26th December, chasing the wren.



St. Stephen's Day or Boxing Day as it's known in England.  After my daughter and her husband left yesterday, I did nothing but watch the television all day, there were so many great films and programmes on offer. I started with an Affair to Remember followed by Ben Hur and in the evening the Christmas special of Downton Abbey, of course.  I recorded the new BBC series Death comes to Pemberley ,which I watched this evening, very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment