Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Greetings from a Sunny Summer in Dublin

Here in Dublin, we are having the most beautiful weather, with clear blue skies and scorching sunshine. The temperature today reached 28 degrees. The weather is so gorgeous that it gives me ♫a peaceful, easy feeling♫, as the Eagles song goes. I make time to sit in the garden and just enjoy the sunshine, feeling warm and relaxed.

I also find that good weather can make me very proactive. Washing the windows, Spring cleaning or rather Summer cleaning (I'm late this year) the cupboards and wardrobes, washing the curtains and bedspreads, clearing things out and making some Summer crafts. I have put the quilt making away for the Summer and instead made and finished some smaller projects, i.e. handbag, a few different Iphone cases and a special co-ordinating handbag, Iphone case and tissue holder as a gift. I also made a few cushions, there are two red, white and sand patchwork for my patio set and two more patchwork made from Cath Kidston's gorgeous material.





This patchwork Iphone holder is made from tiny scraps of pretty fabric.  The new Iphone is longer, hence the longer style.


  
The finished cushion from Helen Phillips book with back made from Ikea fabric.

Two pretty little cushions for my patio set.

Two patchwork cushions made from Cath Kidston material.
This warm magnificent morning, I had breakfast on the patio as usual, I stayed outside to enjoy the sunshine and get my daily dose of Vitamin D, but today, instead of sewing, I decided to paint our garden furniture to freshen it up.  It dried almost immediately. 



I had the Eagles playing in the background and their songs always remind me of my brother Denis, sister Eileen, my husband Noel and I, all enjoying sunny and romantic Summers in the 1970's.  There I go again, showing my age!!

"To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We live outside the touch of time"    Clara Ortega.



The cake below was made for my brother-in-law's birthday, isn't it fun?  He's Canadian and off to Canada to celebrate his big birthday with his childhood friends at the end of July.  His birthday is the 7th August and my sister organised a surprise party for him last Saturday night.  He's a car enthusiast, plays golf, enjoys life to the full and never wastes a minute of it.  I hope they have a great holiday.

      

I hope wherever you are, that you are enjoying the Summer and that the weather is as glorious as it is here.  May you find peace and joy in whatever you are doing.

Happy Summer.

S.



No comments:

Post a Comment