Follow Your Bliss

Follow Your Bliss

"To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose". Eccl 3.1

Saturday 22 June 2013

♫June is bustin out all over♫

Mid-Summer

I love the song ♫June is bustin out all over♫ from Rogers and Hammerstein’s Carousel.  Each year the melody comes into my mind, as I hope that June will do just that.   Well this year it did – thank God for the sunshine, the heat and the well-being that the glorious weather gave to everyone.



The longest day was yesterday.  We still have the rest of the Summer to enjoy. Meals in the garden, family gatherings, barbeques, picnics, walks on the beach or parks, or just sit in the garden and enjoy the day, if and when you have the time.   Being rather than doing, in this very busy world we live in.  Maybe that is what Summer is all about, slowing down.  So let's "stop and smell the roses".  Be present - as our Parish priest occasionally reminds us "the present is a gift that is why it is called the Present".   

I vowed this year, that I would focus on being present and enjoying every day, particularly today.  I do not want to waste a single moment thinking about tomorrow.  Enjoy whatever we are doing now.  The nice weather is here now, so let’s just enjoy the moment and forget about whether it will change in the afternoon, tonight or tomorrow.  It’s Summer and ♫June is STILL bustin out all over♫ in one way or another.  

Mid-Summer Meadow

I decided to make new Iphone and tissue holders
to match the sunny weather for the Summer.
These are made from Cath Kidston Provence Rose material.


This is my second tissue holder, as the first one I made (identical to this one)
was stolen while I was paying for something in a shop, I left it down for a second.
I hope whoever  took it - is pleased with it!!












No comments:

Post a Comment